Picture of Kuhn four disc mower
Lots of hay mowers are currently available in the market, left right and centre, but why do you need to choose a Kuhn mower from the rest?
One simple reason I would share with you is the fact that Kuhn mowers are strong, easy to service and are safe from breakage especially on the new Kuhn series mowers currently available in the market.
Some disc mowers may look like a Kuhn from outside. However, what is on the inside is more important. Kuhn’s design and construction standards ensure a long life and reliable operation. Assure yourself by taking a closer look on what the series 100 cutter bar has to offer.
- Withstand the highest loads : special high-capacity bearings fitted in a one piece sealed housing not subject to distortion.
- Increased service life : disc pinion shaft bearings endure radial force for longest bearing life. This optimum position improves the load balance.
- Protection should an obstacle be struck : the Protevtadrive system designed to protect the cutter bar gear train and minimizes downtime risks in full season.
- Highly wear resistant : knife attachment hardware is fully protected. For added safety, heat treated steel cups are welded to the disc.
- Minimum wear or distortion risks : idler gear fasteners are located in heat treated steel cups. Correct alignment is ensured without the risk of distortion.
- Long -term reliability : larger diameter gearwheels in high tensile forged steel with reinforced teeth.
- The disc bearing station can be removed and mounted quickly and easily. A possible repair is carried out at reduced costs from the outside with minimum downtime. Total safety in case an obstacle is struck, the threaded pins of the disc housing are solidly linked to the upper half casing. There is no weak point or risk that they could be ripped off.